Use the IBM Tape Diagnostic Tool (ITDT) to diagnose the health of your tape drive(s).
Please note, this tool does not have a graphical interface and might require some basic command line knowledge.
1. Download install_itdt_se_MacOS_188.8.131.5220718 to a preferred directory.
2. Open up a terminal window and provide "install_itdt_se_MacOS_184.108.40.20620718" installer the necessary permissions to execute using chmod command:
chmod 777 Downloads/install_itdt_se_MacOS_9.5.0220718
* Directory location may vary depending on which directory the installer was saved to.
3. Issue the command to execute the installer:
* Directory location may vary depending on which directory the installer was saved to
4. If you receive a security popup window proceed with step 4. If the ITDT installer runs without any interruption
skip to step 9.
If you receive a security popup window, click on Cancel, then open System Preferences --> Security & Privacy --> General click "Allow Anyway"
5. Return to the terminal window and execute the installer again with command:
7. If you receive this popup window, click on Open
8. Return to the terminal window to execute the installer command once more:
9. Follow the prompts and enter L [Enter], I [Enter] to allow ITDT to install.
10. Open macOS finder and navigate to the directory of the installer. An ITDT folder will be present. Open the ITDT folder and double click on ITDT. A terminal window will open and ITDT will start.
Type 's' and press enter to scan for devices. It will detect the tape drive. Type '0' or the line number next to the drive you wish to select and press enter. An 'X' will appear noting that it is selected
ITDT Drive dump
If support requests a drive dump to review logging type 'd' and press enter. The drive will gather all log files and dump them to your itdt/output folder
Provide .blz file to support for review.